Ride #2 HERRINGTON MANOR STATE PARK – February 25, 2023.
We’re riding the trails at Herrington Manor State Park! It has some hills, some climbs, some roots, some quick descents, some rocks and a lot of fun! There is no separate cost for park (or party) admission on the day of the ride.
The “SHORT” course is one lap — about 3 miles — and the “LONG” course is three laps — about 9 miles — preferably done on fat bikes. There also is a “THREE x THREE” which is as many 3 mile laps as you can get in in 3 hours!
NOTE: Fat bikes are bikes with oversized tires, typically 3.8in or larger. If there’s snow, you’ll want a fat bike for sure. We’re not going to say you have to have a fat bike (especially, if we don’t have any snow on the ground) but don’t be mad at us if you can’t ride!
We’re trying to find rentals for you so, if you need a bike, get in touch with Sarah (firstname.lastname@example.org)
**e-bikes are not permitted on non-motorized trails in MD parks or forests**
RIDE START: 11:00am
BONFIRE: 11:00am – 3:00pm
Herrington Manor State Park
Frequently Asked Questions:
- If your time is important to you, we will have timing available. Make sure you get to the front of the start line if you’re doing this for time.
- We’ll have some awards for top finishers.
- Since the rides are relatively short, you’ll be responsible for any food or drink while on the course. We’ll have some water and snacks available before and after.
- We encourage everyone to come out and ride! This is just a fun time to get more people out on bikes! Give it a go!
- “Snow or no, we’ll go!” We will ride if there is snow or not… we’ll make a decision closer to the ride date if it’s dicey.
- Speaking of weather (or any other circumstances) there are no refunds. No matter what.
- Registration transfers to another party can be done for a $5 fee.